Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I produce beats, I design clothes

The new thing for rich kids from naija in college over here(yankee or jand) is for the guys to produce beats and the girls to be designers. By rich kids I mean the ones that went to A-hall, QC., KC, AIS, Grange, Vivian fowler and the rest. Just yesterday I downloaded the cd of one of my classmates. This is just another way to waste daddy's money. These boys are never going to be famous and they dont have that much talent anyway. yet they must get a studio and "produce" music.
The girls "design" , they draw out fits and send it to a firm that makes the clothes for them What is the big deal ???!! I can put those oufits together by myself. These kids claim they want to release creative energy. hmmmm we hear you!!
Awon omo yi ti ba je . They should go and read their books that it was they sent them to school to do. Not to produce beats. If they are really dedicated to their craft, they should give up school and do that full time. Hiss Double hiss. And let dadd cut you off. Momsie would have a fit !!! Lai Lai. They will just do it as a side project and spend daddys money.

An example of daddy's money group is amplyfied . those in the washington dc , maryland area should know them. Surprisinly there are good ;however, the chick in the group cannot sing for her life. She is horrible!!!!!! She must be banging one of the guys because shes not pretty enough to be the fine face in the group. Trust me they need fine faces because those boys aint no TYRESE. Couldnt they find a girl with a good voice!!!

Banky doesnt sing my kind of music but he is ok though.
There are too many of the daddys money singers out there. Cant they just go to school.

Oh and the ones that cant produce beats decide to be DJs. I cant hate them for that,These kids already have an A in partying and clubbing. Why waste money on DJ when you can Dj yourself

16 comments:

Naija Vixen said...

Lol..this is funny..but i have to agree very true...altho the ones here in d U.K actually seem talented(d designers sha;-))luvvn the blog!!!!

Anonymous said...

lmao.. this is too funny.. hmm i never quite heard of this one sha... maybe na american thing.. for canada everybody na study or quench oh.. but this was jokes nonetheles... oh and thanks for dropping by my page earlier

Yankeenaijababe said...

@ranting babe, girl, am sorry to say but you are just so so jealous of the chick. take a deep breath, l think she is pretty and doing a good job. l love them amplify to death. I love their song. Why are naija girls always hating on other innocent chicks. Relax......

Anonymous said...

daaaaaaang! lol lol lol.

omo naija said...

yankeenaija chick ok maybe i shoudnt have said she was banging one of the guys,however the girl cant sing!!! i like the group. BUT SHE CANT SING!! Its not hating, its a fact!!!!

Anonymous said...

Why waste time worry what everyone is doing? Dont you have your own life to blog about? Are you jealous because they can afford to do this?

omo naija said...

Anonymous - This is my blog! i can write whatever the FUCK i want to write. you probably "produce" or "design" clothes right... or you no someone who does.

MissJ said...

I resent that generalization that rich naija girls are fake fashion designers squandering their parent's money. I happen to be a rising fashion designer, a talent I take very seriously. I think Nigerian people should stop viewing arts as a shallow study or waste of money. One day I will create a foundation educating and encouraging young Nigerians to participate in the arts.

omo naija said...

@ jaja ok maybe there was a generalization. however they are too many of those in fashion and music without a solid plan on how exactly they wil become succesful.

SapphireAster said...

LOL..this is funny!

Anonymous said...

wow, i actually thought i was the only one who thought this way!! glad to find someone else with my sentiments exactly!! About the amplyfied chick, she cannot carry a tune in a bucket, infact have you noticed that some of the songs don't even have her in it. And the boys are BUTT ugly in my opinion and i don't see what all the hoopla about them are. Their CEO 'Oluwadiddy' as he likes to call himself actually graduated from my uni. he is one cocky biatch, just cuz they are spending daddy's stolen money, which he hopes to continues stealing if elected!

omo naija said...

@ anonymous. thank you ohh! we are only saying the truth and they say we are hating!! let them continue to waste daddys money and make music only their friends will listen to! LOL

BeautyinBaltimore said...

You are mean. I saw a photo of the group on someone's blog. The female singer is light skinned, I think that is all(light-skin) that you need to be a singer now days.

omo naija said...

A beauty i hope its mean in a good way .lol

Anonymous said...

There's some hatorade in the tone this posting is written but like you said its your blog.
I think a lot of people are going into the music and designing thing but shey na your own papa stolen money them dey spend. Live and let live abeg.
By the way, I went to one of the schools you mentioned and I'd like to say, we're not all wasting our parents kishi.

Anonymous said...

cont'd
Look at Naeto C, I've known him since he was a shy jnr in high school (and I didn't go to A-Hall), and I also made fun of him when he was rapping while in college. As his 'egbon' he couln't tell me nothing but I'm sure some of my yarns pissed him off. Look at the boy today, he's graduated college and has taken Naija by storm. Now I can't say nothing.
Although I still want to mention that the initial rapping stuves was financed by Naija money through Kema Chikwe aka Naeto's moms aka former minister.