Monday, December 11, 2006

Naija until I die . F%&^ ABC

The ABC special on 419 scammers was bad. I mean I didnt no they would potray my beloved country in this light . I thought i was going to watch a show on 419 scammers that might even be funny. I didnt no i was going to watch the verbal tongue lashing and misrepresentaiom of my country. chai!!! The show started with this guy who was singing "I go chop your money ohh, you be mugu" i personally though that was funnny but that is beside the point. Brian Stossel ABC's "chief investigative reporter" then proceded to report lies to the already ignorant and arogant American public.

1. Scamming has become celebrated and encourged in Nigeria and the email scammers have become local celebraties. WHAT THE FUCK!!!!??? pls tell me fellow nigerians. Who introduces their popsie as a 419 scammer in naija and is proud. "My daddy is an email scammer"

2. Scamming has led to a hit song and movie . ABC did not hesitate to show this so called popular video calling white people mumus ; which I agree with. It is only an idoit that would believe that a total stranger wanted to give them millions of dollars . I mean this person does not know you!!!
i digress, thats beside the point.The song was by osoufia or something and it was the song for a satire on 419. ANd the movie was not a hit movie. By the way, every movie in naija is a "hit"

3. ABC did not try to discuss the greed of the white mumus involved. see me see trouble oh!!! a whole heart surgeon who went to school for 14 years gave his money to these scammers. Which kind of mugu be that. I would be so embarassed to show myself on camera. However, stossel did not care to elaborate on how greedy his country men were.The idiot just kept on repeating "Nigeria and Nigerians....."

4. The statement that got be pissed off!!! I wasnt pissed I was PIZZZZZED OFFF!! "Lagos is a crime -ridden disgrace of a city" Homie I was born in Lagos. What the ......!!!!? That was so harsh. ISnt it the same white man that will call us Third world country. how do you expect our country to look ? Like a "first world country" This was also a misrepresentation. They showed a quick shot of mushin and said that was the whole of lagos. Lets not lie, lagos is not all roses. But that white mans description was too much. I wanted to reach through the tv and slap him!!!

5. 419 scammers are lazy and dont want to work : Who can blame him for saying this, when the useless Nigerian oficial they interviewed said the same thing. That is a lie. These are poor college graduates with no jobs, hope, money . What do you expect them to do? There is no excuse for it but its not like this useless AKATA people (yeah what i said it ........AKATA) that have all the oportunites in the world but waste their life away.

ABC and this USA we live in is racist !!! they dont show their true feelings because they dont want al sharpton banging on their door. Look at how kramer is suffering now. How many times has the dude apologized? I mean if that special were about on akata neighbourhood. All the akata activists would be demanding for an apology.

I am not proud of NAija sometimes but haba dont portray the whole country as being made up of scammers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi girl, I feel your anger but I personally would not defend the actions of these scammers. Not all of them are the poor, struggling graduates you speak of. In fact, most of them are just plain lazy. Regardless of your situation, there is no need to commit crime. It's almost like saying it's ok for a man to rape a woman because he can't get a girl.
There will always be ignorance in the world but you can do a little to try to change it by writing in to this tv station and complaining about what you feel has been misrepresented.